Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I always want to diet...


See, I came to college today, not packing my lunch, though my cook was churning out a nice aroma of a typical coconut based Kerala curry and associated paraphernalia for a good lunch for my mom and son when he comes home from school.

I thought, since I had a nice sumptuous breakfast late, and since I had the liberty to login slightly late for work, I would postpone lunch to teatime when am back home from work.

Right now, in my staff room, there is this tempting aroma of a typical South Indian meal arranged for the practical exam examiners.

How can I resist going there and having a bite of nice fried pappad? And when my taste-buds gets simulated, how can I resist my brain directing my legs to walk up to the canteen and just have a peek at what they have?

Just a peek...that's the intention. But reaching there, my stomach would have the biological craving to just have a "shmaaaaal bite" of a poori-saagu or some rice-bath.


May be I can try re-directing my legs to a nearby canteen where they sell samosas, kurkure, fruit juice. :-)

Hmmm... no amount of will-power works for me. Born a foodie, meant to be foodie, I guess.

That is until my body gets the inherited diseases such as diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure etc that is part and parcel of my family tree.



If you notice, I have always wanted to diet. It’s only my brain, my taste buds and my family tree that prevent me from having an "Oh so slim" appearance! :-)

--- Confessions from an out and out foodie who strongly believes in "Live to Eat" rather than “Eat to Live"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home